Validating Echocardiography Training in Quebec


je suis medecin diplomée hors du Québec, je viens d obtenir un permis restrictif d excercie comme specialiste en medecine interne, je voudrais savoir quelles sont les demarches a faire pour valider ma formation en echocardiographie (que j ai faite en Algerie durant mon residanat, en sachant que j ai pratiqué labas ) et/ou comment faire pour refaire cette formation au Canada pour pouvoir faire cet examen dans le cadre de ma pratique actuelle en tant qu interniste a l hopital de Matane.
Veuillez agreer mes salutations distinguées.

Dr. NK


Thank you for your inquiry. To best answer this question, I suggest you contact the College des médecins du Quebec which is the body in Quebec that validates licensure and competency. They may refer to the need for you to contact your hospital (Dviisonal Chief and DPS’s Office) in which you work for you to be further assessed by a Training Program to validate your competency in Echocardiography. Centers in Quebec that may provide assessment of competency include the Jewish General Hospital, the Montreal Heart Institute or Hopital Sacré-Coeur in Montreal. I believe that Hopital Laval in Quebec City may also provide this assessment. Please refer as well to the new Training guidelines established by the Canadian Society of Echocardiography; Training Programs are asked to follow these recommendations.

I hope this provides you with a few avenues with regard to your quiery.

Igal A. Sebag, MD

Leave a Reply