Job and CV postings for both sonographers and echocardiographers within and outside Canada are listed here. You are welcome to send your job offerings and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org for other colleagues to view them.
Applicants Qualifications/Prerequisites: A successful candidate must meet the requirement for licensing by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. The candidate must have completed their cardiology training.
Program Description: The program is 1 year in duration it is a clinically-based fellowship. Additionally there will be an academic focus in both clinical education as well as research. The goal is to achieve level 3 training in echocardiography. This results in the ability to direct an echocardiographic laboratory, train others as well as conduct research in echocardiography. The program will involve exposure and advanced training in transthoracic echo, transesophageal echo, strain imaging as well as 3D. The successful candidate will also train in both exercise and dobutamine stress echocardiograms. The successful candidate will also gain administrative skills in the quality and improvement to strategies required to run a successful laboratory. The laboratory at the Sinai Health System involves 6 staff echocardiographers and 5 sonographers. The volume of the laboratory includes 5500 TTE’s, 115 TEE’s and 1100 Stress echo’s per year.
Echo Lab Director: Dr.Gillian Nesbitt
Hours of Work: Full-Time Position; Day Shifts & On Call
Location: Kingston General Hospital Site
The Cardiac Echocardiography Technologist is responsible for carrying out inpatient and outpatient echocardiograms. In addition to adult echocardiography the technologist is required to carry out paediatric and neonatal echocardiography. The technologist is responsible for proper use and maintenance of the ultrasound equipment.
- RDCS or RDMS registration with ARDMS – OR – Completed Echo college course willing to write RDSC exams within 1 year of hiring – OR – 2 years full time clinical Echo experience and willing to complete RDCS exams within 1 year of hiring.
Registered Cardiac Sonographer Required in Oakville (Posted 5 May 2018)
Cardiology office and diagnostic centre in central Oakville seeking one cardiac sonographer to perform adult echocardiography and stress echo. Immediate opening. Please email email@example.com
- ARDMS or CARDUP certified or eligible
- Working experience in cardiology
- Current certification in BCLS
Registered Cardiac Sonographer Required in Milton (Posted 7 Mar 2018)
Seeking a FT/PT Registered Cardiac Sonographer for an accredited echocardiographic lab. Must be patient-focused and accurately document preliminary reports. The candidate is expected to have experience in and preform adult transthoracic and stress echocardiogram in accordance to the echocardiographic guidelines as specified by Core Health Ontario (Cardiac Care Network)
- Perform thorough and accurate ultrasound examinations and reporting.
- Patient care and safety during procedures
- Reviewing and discussing findings with cardiologists
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Graduate of a recognized program and active member in good standing with ARDMS.
- Minimum 3 years current work experience with adult echocardiography
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Maintains knowledge of techniques and advances in echocardiography
Registered Cardiac Sonographer in Simcoe and Hagersville (Posted 5 Feb 2018)
A fully (ARDMS / & CRSC certified) Cardiac Sonographer needed immediately to join a busy established Echocardiography Lab and cardiology practice in Norfolk-Haldimand region in southern Ontario.
Location: Simcoe and Hagersville, ON
Employment type: FT/PT Job
Compensation: Negotiable based on skills and experience.
If you are interested to join our team please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org